|Opening Date: January 11, 2022||Deadline: July 31, 2022|
|Course Starts: 2022||Category: Fully Funded|
|Course Level: Masters & PhD||Location: United States|
Excelsior Scholarship Program 2022-2023 | Apply Online
All qualified students can apply for the Excelsior Scholarship 2022-2023 online today. In cooperation with other financial aid programmes for students. The Excelsior Scholarship entitles students to free tuition at a SUNY or CUNY university.
An Excelsior Scholarship recipient is entitled to receive award payments for no more than two years of full-time undergraduate education in an associate’s degree programme. In a curriculum leading to a bachelor’s degree, four years of full-time undergraduate study, or five years if the programme of study ordinarily requires five years.
Also, A student who is not on track to finish an Associate’s degree in two years or a Bachelor’s degree in four years. This necessitates the completion of the equivalent of 30 credits per semester.
Which requires the completion of the equivalent of 30 credits per academic year to be eligible for an Excelsior Scholarship, can catch up on credits. If you earn extra credits during a semester or academic year and go back on track to complete your degree on time. Additionally, for the duration of your undergraduate degree programme, you will be eligible for an Excelsior Scholarship. You may also check: Scholarships in United Kingdom
Excelsior Scholarship Coverage & Benefits
An Excelsior Scholarship winner may also receive up to $5,500. The 2016-21 resident tuition rate charged by SUNY ($6,470) or CUNY ($6,330) was used to calculate the grant amount. This amount deducted from any other student financial aid awards.
An applicant has received or will receive a NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) award and/or a federal Pell grant for the academic year. As a result, the Excelsior Scholarship will cover any remaining tuition costs up to $5,500. Although, Any tuition costs not covered by the Excelsior Scholarship reimbursed through a tuition credit.
Eligibility Excelsior Scholarship Criteria
A candidate must be able to:
- be a New York State resident for the previous 12 months prior to the start of the term.
- be a citizen of the United States or an eligible non-citizen
- having completed a federally recognised “Ability to Benefit” exam, as required by the State Education Department’s Commissioner, or have graduated from high school in the United States, acquired a high school equivalency diploma, or completed a federally recognised “Ability to Benefit” exam.
- Also, having a total federal adjusted gross income of $125,000 or less
- enrolled in an undergraduate programme at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges of Cornell University and Alfred University.
- Every term, take at least 12 credits and complete at least 30 credits (successfully).
- Applicable to his or her degree programme through continuous study with no enrollment pauses save for particular, documented reasons.
- If he or she was a student at a college before the 2019-20 school year. Before applying for an Excelsior Scholarship, he or she must have acquired at least 30 credits per year (consecutively) connected to his or her degree programme.
- be in good standing with any NYS or federal education loan programme student loan, as well as any NYS award.
- be in compliance with the terms of the service condition(s) imposed by any previous NYS award
- Also, sign a contract stating that you will reside in New York State for the length of the prize. To work in New York State for the duration of the period if employed.
What is the procedure for applying?
So, if you’re interested in participating in an opportunity programme. This scholarship programme allows you to complete your degree in five years (which requires completion of the equivalent of 24 credits each academic year). Students who are new to NYS financial help under the requirements of the DREAM Act should apply first. Candidates must first apply for DREAM Act eligibility in New York State. Furthermore, if you have already met the requirements of the NYS DREAM Act, you will just need to reapply for the Excelsior Scholarship.